Sunday, January 14, 2024

HANDS OF SURRENDER

 



HANDS OF SURRENDER

 

 

You surrendered your hands

as prisoners of mine.

 

Almost instantly, I knew

the feel of your toil,

the texture of your pain

and the fiber of your soul.

 

My hands took other hands before

as prisoners in this game of love.

 

I desperately wanted other hands

to belong to mine –

even giving up my very soul

as ransom.

 

When you surrendered your hands

as prisoners of mine,

almost instantly

I understood what I needed all along.

 

I never needed any hand

to belong to mine.

I only needed my hands

To belong to yours –

for behind the roughness of toil

and the wounds of pain,

your soul clothed me with the warmth

of being loved –

even in this timeless, spaceless, formless

world of dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment